Australia: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Elsewhere: You may also have rights under the laws of the country in which you acquired your Ookkie.
The guarantees referred to above and any rights you may have under the laws of the country in which you acquired your Ookkie® are in addition to any rights and obligations under the manufacturers warranty set out below.
Absolute Board Co. Pty Ltd (ACN 134044812) (referred to in this document as we, our, us) offers the following Manufacturers Warranty for the Ookkie®.
All Ookkie® branded skateboards are guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 120 days from the date of purchase. This means that we will repair or replace, at our discretion, any of our goods that are defective within this timeframe. This is the only condition covered by our warranty.
The warranty covers the first sale purchaser of an Ookkie®, but is not transferable. This means that a subsequent purchaser of an Ookkie® cannot make a claim under this warranty.
Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, we make no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, including, to the extent permitted by applicable law, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, about our Ookkie® skateboard material or application process or about your Ookkie® skateboard.
To the extent permitted by law, no other warranty (express or implied) other than the consumer guarantees in the Australian Consumer Law, applies to the skateboard.
Warranty does not cover:
- Breakage or damage due to normal wear and tear;
- Breakage or damage from improper installation of accessories;
- Modifications made to this board that may impair safety and/or impact the performance of the equipment for its intended use;
- Breakage or damage from improper foot position while landing high impact tricks;
- Damage or scratching to the aesthetic display of the board and its designs caused whilst riding; Intentional breakage or damage;
- Tail or nose wear from dragging on the ground while skating;
- Edge chipping from normal wear and tear (rather than a manufacturing defect);
- Warping from exposure to heat, rain or snow;
Misuse of the product or use of this product not for its specific intended purpose is at your own risk and will void all warranties.
Making a Claim
Claims can be made in writing to our Customer Care team. We will endeavour to provide instructions and a resolution as soon as possible. To make a claim requests please fill out the form on the contact us page.
The laws of Queensland, Australia govern this document. Each of us and you irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia and courts competent to hear appeals from those courts.